Tuesday, June 24, 2008

RV LIVING "AN ADVENTURE IN LEARNING TO ADAPT"

As anyone who has lived full-time in an RV can tell you, it's a constant learning experience. You learn to be self-sufficient, where to find help, and you learn that sometimes there is just no help for it.
What do you do when you are in between paychecks and the money is short, and the space rent is due? Thats an easy one. Wal-Mart parking lot. Wal-Mart has always been RV friendly (thank you Wal-Mart for your hospitality). They also have a pretty fair RV section, and that plus the camping section, you can, with a little ingenuity decrease some expenses when in a monetary pinch. For instance, We used a "Mr Heater" this winter, and saved a ton on propane. I also bought an eight foot hose that has the right fittings on each end that I plumbed in-line of my on-board propane tank, that I can hook a five or ten gallon tank to so I don't have to move the RV when I need propane. The system will also allow a one gallon bottle to be hooked up, which really comes in handy when the money is short and the propane runs out at the same time. Always nice to be able to take a shower even if your broke. Our next improvement will be an on-demand hot water system. A real money saver. I love living in an RV. If you get tired of the neighborhood, unplug and move.

Codynus

No comments: