Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AMAZED

I am truely amazed at the ability of some to stare reality in the face and totally disregard it. I say this after reading my brother's recent post (see link) "MEAN".
After twenty plus years of physical seperation, living at opposite ens of the continent, my brother and I end up here in Nevada (state of my birth) working in the same health care facility.
What are the odds of that? It started out as a dream job, great for a retirement kick back, give back type, no stress job. Well, that all changed when we started paying attention to the punch sheets included with our pay checks every payday. That is when I realized that I had the ability to stare reality straight in the face and totally disregard it. Bummer.

Now that the blinders are off, one has the obligation to start looking around his working environment, and paying attention to what is happening outside one's personal work area. I had to ask myself the question, "if this company is so blatantly screwing their employees, what about the residents that are under their care?". Well now, after some investigation, that opens up a whole other can of worms. I can't divulge the outrages I have uncovered at this time, but just take this one piece of advise. If you plan on putting a loved one in one of these facilities, please investigate as completely as you can before you do it. What goes on after the lights go out, is as important as what they are fed. What kind and how much medication is being administered? Who has access to their personal possessions,and records? And for the love of God, don't just assume.

Codynus

1 comment:

Lexey said...

Good message Uncle Cody. I hope you guys continue to pursue these assholes and hold them accountable. Good luck.